The Kirkgate Centre is located in a spacious Victorian school building in the centre of Shipley. Although the building has not been used as a school for nearly thirty years, many of the original features of the school still remain – several rooms still have the original blackboards.
We’ve got the perfect space for you whether you are holding a meeting or a conference, a training event or an exercise class, a community open day or a birthday party!
• a well equipped training and presentation room
• four large multi-purpose community rooms
• a large main hall
Free internet access is available throughout the centre.
The Kirkgate Centre cafe and bar
Our cafe is open Tuesdays, Wednesday and Saturdays. Our bar is open for weekend and evening events.
Why choose the Kirkgate Centre?
• we are managed by and for our community
• we are located in the centre of Shipley
• we are five minutes walk from train and bus links directly to Bradford, Leeds, Ilkley, Otley, Harrogate, Keighley, Skipton and London!
• our building is fully accessible, including accessible toilets
• we have a small free car park, plus a low cost pay and display car park is directly behind the centre
• digital projectors, computers (Mac and PC), DVD, Video, TV, flip charts and OHP are available
• photocopying is available on request
• free wi-fi is available in every room
• a free small meeting/breakout room and work area is available
Live music at the Kirkgate Centre